Provides an extensive introduction to the core agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and skill competences that have been defined by DASA.
The DevOps Fundamentals qualification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
How Does DevOps Fundamentals Fit into the DASA Competence Framework?
After completing this course, you will cover the area marked as DevOps Fundamentals in the following figure of the DASA qualification scheme. As a result, you will reach the “Competent” level of the scheme.
- Courage: Evangelism, coaching, self-confidence, proactivity, reflection, trust, open discussions, experimentation, fail fast, courage to change.
- Teambuilding: Understand the other’s point of view, collaboration, mutual accountability, common purpose, ability to integrally support the service/product.
- DevOps Leadership: Facilitating teams to high performance, humility, transparency, Service lifecycle mindset, Stakeholder management.
- Continuous improvement: Today we do our work better than yesterday, kaizen mindset, quality at the source, first time right, knowledge-sharing, ability to adapt.
- Business Value Optimization: Use of the IT service in real life, including direct feedback loop of user comments to team, service level management, definition of done, business activity/performance monitoring, business case management.
- Business Analysis: Functional requirements, non-functional requirements, longer term development of business process (based on translation of market developments), data analysis, and refinement.
- Architecture & Design: Ensuring fit between developments and current situation, overall service design, patterns & styles.
- Programming: Software engineering mastery, everything as code, data management.
- Continuous Delivery: Automated testing, deployment and release management, configuration management, version control, cloud, containerization, feature-driven delivery.
- Test Specification: Design of test cases, test concepts.
- Infrastructure Engineering: Technical monitoring, performance management (e.g load balancing etc.), capacity and availability management, reliability engineering, cloud, containerization.
- Security, Risk & Compliance: Security, service continuity planning.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the Service Delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management.
- Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps Engineers.
- Product Owners.
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Incident and Change Managers
- System Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Business Managers
- Automation Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Beneficial: Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles.