The DASA DevOps Fundamentals is the first step in progressing through the DASA qualification scheme. It provides an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and skill competences that have been defined by the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA).
This course is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary, understand its principles and practices, and acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
- The ITpreneurs DevOps Fundamentals eLearning course is a practical and hands-on 24 hour training program that builds an understanding of all 12 areas of the DASA competence model.
- 24 hours of self-paced online learning.
- Accessible on mobile, tablet, computer.
- Fun and engaging learning, with quizzes, exercises, interactive learning elements.
- Audio and narration available depending on your choice of learning.
- Created by DevOps experts who also appear on videos throughout this course.
- Certification: DASA DevOps Fundamentals
- Duration: 24 hours
- Domain: DevOps
- Delivery Method: Online
- Accreditor: DevOps Agile Skills Association
- Available Languages: English
Up to 200 times faster software deployment, 30 times increased deployment frequency, and 60 times higher change success rates. The data doesn’t lie. Organizations such as Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook are transforming IT by successfully implementing DevOps principles. But you don’t have to be a hot Internet company or a gigantic enterprise to be a DevOps leader. Companies large and small, young and old, have magnificently made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
DevOps training is the starting point for an organization going on the DevOps journey. Improved workflows and faster deployment starts with a core understanding of DevOps fundamental concepts by anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. The DevOps Fundamentals course provides an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and skill competences that have been defined by the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA). This course is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary, understand its principles and practices, and acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Individuals whose role is touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps Engineers.
- Product Owners.
- Integration Specialists.
- Operations Managers.
- Incident and Change Managers.
- System Administrators.
- Network Administrators.
- Business Managers.
- Automation Architects.
- Enterprise Architects.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Know the emergence of DevOps.
- Know the core concepts and principles of DevOps.
- Know what DevOps means for you as professional and for your organization.
- Know the essence of a DevOps culture.
- Understand the key elements of a DevOps culture.
- Know the important aspects when creating a DevOps culture.
- Know the Operational models of DevOps.
- Understand the need for autonomous teams.
- Understand the impact of DevOps on Architecture with respect to deployment.
- Understand governance within DevOps teams.
- Understand Agile, Scrum, and Kanban and how these practices relate to one another.
- Understand how ITSM processes relate to practices in a DevOps culture.
- Understand how Lean is used to optimize processes.
- Know how to provide a Value Stream Map for a given process.
- Understand the way to harvest new and innovative ideas.
- Know the impact of automation on Software Delivery processes.
- Understand the benefits and core principles of Continuous Delivery.
- Describe the key cloud principles of DevOps organizations.
- Know the relevance of monitoring and logging DevOps.
- Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
- Online Course
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Purpose of DevOps
- Course Overview
- Let’s Talk DevOps: Meet the Expert!
- DASA Competence Framework
- Course Objectives
- DASA: Mastering DevOps in Practice (Knowledge and Skills)
Module 2: DevOps Introduction
- Let’s Talk DevOps: Meet the Expert!
- Emergence of DevOps
- Core Concepts of DevOps
Module 3: Culture
- Essence of a DevOps Culture
- Key Elements of DevOps
- Implementation of a DevOps Culture
Module 4: Organization
- Organizational Model
- Autonomous Teams
- Architecting for DevOps
Module 5: Processes
- DevOps in Relation to ITSM
- Agile and Scrum
- Optimizing Processes Using Lean
- Business Value Optimization and Business Analysis Using Story Mapping
Module 6: Automation
- 6A Automation Concepts:
- Automation for Delivery of Software
- Continuous Delivery Core Concepts
- Continuous Delivery Automation Concepts
- Continuous Delivery Automation Focus Topics
- 6B Data Center Automation:
- Emergence of Cloud Technology and Principles
- Cloud Services Concepts in a DevOps Organization
- Automated Provisioning Concepts
- Platform Product Characteristics and Application Maturity
Module 7: Measure and Improvement
- Importance of Measurement
- Choosing the Right Metrics
- Monitoring and Logging
|Delivery||Online and Paper-based|
|Format||Closed-book format, participants can bring scratch paper|
|Duration||60 minutes, 15 minutes additional time for non-native candidates|
|# of Questions||40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) (1 mark per question)|
While there are no formal prerequisites, it is recommended that the participant has completed DASA DevOps Fundamentals training.
Course Delivery Requirements
- This is an Online course so that the participant can take it from anywhere.