ISO 27001 is an international standard published by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), and it describes how to manage information security in a company. The latest revision of this standard was published in 2013, and its full title is now ISO/IEC 27001:2013. The first revision of the standard was published in 2005, and it was developed based on the British standard BS 7799-2.
ISO 27001 can be implemented in any kind of organization, profit or non-profit, private or state-owned, small or large. It was written by the world’s best experts in the field of information security and provides methodology for the implementation of information security management in an organization. It also enables companies to become certified, which means that an independent certification body has confirmed that an organization has implemented information security compliant with ISO 27001.
- What is ISO 27000?
- The ISO 27000 Family.
- Key principles of the standard.
- Developing an ISMS.
- Taking control of risk.
- Preparing an implementation plan.
- Understanding information assets.
- The certification process.
- ISO 27001:2013 Annex A.
Those who need to know what ISO 27000 is all about, as well as those who will be taking a strategic role in the implementation of information security management for their organization. This includes:
- Senior Managers.
- Finance and IT Directors.
- Internal Auditors.
- There are no formal prerequisites for this certification.
- Course Type: Fundamentals.
- Certification Code: I27001F.
- Duration: 16 hours.
This 16 hours training course introduces the ISO 27001 standard. The course work involves lectures, discussions, role-play, individual and group exercises to get you started with understanding the ISO 27001 standard. After passing the ISO 27001 Foundation exam, you can expect to gain a general overview and basic understanding of the concepts and requirements of each process defined within ISO/IEC 27001. If you want to progress to the next step of the ISO 27001 certifications, you can advance via ISO 27001 Auditor Certificate (I27001A).
- Format: Multiple choice.
- Questions: 40.
- Language: English/Spanish.
- Pass Score: 24/40 or 60%.
- Duration: 60 minutes maximum.
- Open book: Yes.
- Delivery: This examination is available in Online or Paper based format.
- Supervised: It will be at the Partner’s discretion.