During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap.
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe.
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose.
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation.
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution.
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management.
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train.
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Understanding SAFe Principles.
- Creating high-performing teams and programs.
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning.
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value.
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise.
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio.
- Building Large Solutions.
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook.
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam.
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform.
- Course certificate of completion.
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
- The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs.
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management.
- Program and Project Managers.
- Product and Product Line Management.
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads.
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management.
- Experience in Scrum.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate.
- A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online.
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice.
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
- Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100.
- Name: SAFe 4 Agilist Exam.
- Format: Multiple Choice.
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course.
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of Questions: 45.
- Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (76% passing score).