ISO 27001 is an international standard published by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), and it describes how to manage information security in a company. The latest revision of this standard was published in 2013, and its full title is now ISO/IEC 27001:2013. The first revision of the standard was published in 2005, and it was developed based on the British standard BS 7799-2.
ISO 27001 can be implemented in any kind of organization, profit or non-profit, private or state-owned, small or large. It was written by the world’s best experts in the field of information security and provides a methodology for the implementation of information security management in an organization. It also enables companies to become certified, which means that an independent certification body has confirmed that an organization has implemented information security compliant with ISO 27001.
- Principles, concepts and the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- How to Develop an ISMS.
- Develop skills and ability to conduct audits.
- ISO 27001:2013 Annex A.
- Those who need to know what ISO 27000 is all about, as well, how execute and report on an audit conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- There are no formal prerequisites for this certification.
- Course Type: Fundamentals
- Certification Code
- Duration: 24 hours
This 24 hour training course provides you with the knowledge to conduct an effective ISMS.
The course work involves lectures, discussions, role-play, individual and group exercises to get you started with understanding the ISO 27001 standard. After passing the ISO 27001 Auditor exam, you will have the knowledge required to perform effective ISMS audits.
- Format: Multiple choice
- Questions: 40
- Language: English/Spanish
- Pass Score: 24/40 or 60%
- Duration: 60 minutes maximum
- Open book: Yes
- Delivery: This examination is available in Online or Paper based format
- Supervised: It will be at the Partner’s discretion